New Pool Build - Trouble Struck! Please help 2.1.14

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.12.14 material chosen

Good evening.

We are roughly just over two weeks into having a filled pool. Our gas meter upgrade happens tomorrow. The pool school guy said we should be safe to crank the heat on the hot tub. I am thinking of just simply going for it once this happens. We have pebble sheen finish on the hot tub. Thoughts? Afterwards, I am going to have the waterfall circulate the hot water into the pool to knock away the icy temperature a bit. Pool temp now is 67.

On a couple of separate notes, our pebble sheen appears a little darker around the drain of the pool, but this area is also our deep end. Pool is roughly 5.5 feet feet in that area.

Our shallow end is supposed to be 3.5 feet deep. I think it might be a little more shallower than that. More like 3 feet. I suppose no big deal, but i really won't know until I really get in the pool aside from the time I had to dive in to grab my phone on day one in 45 degree temperatures.

Re: New Pool Build - Pearland Tx

5uhudeju.jpg
mumevy9a.jpg
4umemere.jpg
ne4ygy3y.jpg
nydamyhe.jpg
8upamu7y.jpg
ahuhe6um.jpg
ve7y6anu.jpg
zazeqyze.jpg
Here is the finished pool with the water all filtered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks beautiful!

We heated our hot tub to about 90 after a couple of weeks as to be honest that's not much more than it was getting from just the sun. We were told so long as we kept it 95 ish or below, we'd be fine but not to go cranking it to 105.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hey TFP! Long time - no post!

We have had some worry type repair work done on our pool already. I thought I should list these to see if others have had similar issues or if I am alone in this.

Since the install of our pool, we have had two LED lights die and need replacing. Our third one went out this past weekend. I do not think these should be dying. Not sure where to go from here. The builder just keeps replacing them.

Our spa spillway had excessive calcium build up. The calcium would leak back through the gunite immediately. Builder finally pulled the travertine and supposedly sealed this and installed new stone.

Our pool apparently is leaking as well. The builder said we should not be experience the water loss that we experience. I thought it was normal to have to add about "30 minutes of running the hose" every two days to maintain a fill.

I've noticed now as well that our waterline tine line is not really level. Maybe off about 1/2 inch as you go from one end of the pool to another. Not really sure what can be done about that. At one of the pool, the pool appears more full as a result of this.

Communication with the builder hasn't been great either.

Dont know what to tell ya about the lights burning out.
Seems like hopefully the calcium buildup is being handled. (suggest you test your water with the TF100 kit, to make sure your CA level is good).

As for the "leak" do a bucket test to confirm if its leaking or not.
http://www.americanleakdetection.com/tips-bucket-test.php

As for the tile.... there are 2 things that cause this
Tile not installed level with the pool, or
The pool shell itself is not level.

Measure from waterline to top of the tile all around. If the measrements are not even, the tile isnt level.
If the measrement is even all around, then the pool shell is out of whack.

In either case, there is no easy remedy, and Im sure you would get a heck of a battle from the PB about fixing it.

Have you contacted the owner Bill directly regarding your issues? I had a pool built by Premier here in San Antonio and have been pleased so far, only hiccup with them was at the beginning but it was due to the new GM of this location being an @&$hole! I worked directly with Bill and it has been smooth since. On the tile, I noticed mine is also this was from one end to the other and I am pretty confident it's the whole structure, it is a little less than 1/2 inch within a 35ft span, probably within tolerance and I can only really tell if the pool is full almost to the bottom of the coping (I put a plug in my overflow to keep water from splashing out due to kids playing and never removed it, rain storms got me!)

What kind of LED lights do you have as we had the same problem with our Pentair Intellibrite LED lights, recently installed this summer. We had 2 in the pool and 1 in the spa and they kept going out and the PB would replace. I will say it was always the spa, smaller light. At first the PB said the vendor had a bad "batch" of lights. After replacing 8 times, I made them try something else! A different electrician looked at the lines, breakers etc.. power was constant. The PB finally put the spa light on a separate controller. It seems to have "fixed" the problem, although they are still stumped. I kind of like it better anyway so now I can only turn on spa lights when using the spa and not light up the whole backyard with the pool if I just want to use spa.

Your concerns are certainly valid. HO-LED's are still in early stages; i'm sure they will resolve. But, the leak and water level is a biggie. As Divin Dave mentioned, the bucket test will confirm, but i can certainly say it's not normal in my experience to top-off that often (..and i'm just up the road). Hopefully the leak is related to a pipe-connection and not the shell, but the tilt is concerning. Did you happen to notice the water level in relation to the tile early-on? We had a similar problem with our neighborhood pool (shell seemed to raise/settle) several years ago; about 20years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.