Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build - Trouble Struck! Please help 2.1.14

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - Pearland Tx

I tried editing the subject... the new forum will not let me simply state "New Pool Build - Pearland, Texas" This thread is about our entire pool build. Apologies on the name of the topic.

****Edit - due to picture limitations here, for complete pool build photos, please visit my flickr page****

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115656854@N05/

The deal is inked!
    Perimiter: 97 sf
    Water area: 560 sf
    Total deck: 300 sf
    Profile: 3.5-5.5 ft
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x17 ft
    Aprox gallon: 20,000

2 Columns with raised walls
    3 scuppers
    2 Hp Booster pump
    sunshelf with 2 bubblers
    Travertine coping
    6" ceramic tile waterline
    12 inch raised spa. 8ft wide
    Pebblesheen: Blue Granite

Variable speed Jandy pump
    460 Jandy cartridge filter
    Saltwater system
    3 LED Lights -2pool 1 tub

**** Pictures of designs not used have been removed for an easier read / follow. See the thread herein below for the final design.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115656854@N05/
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX

Welcome to TFP !!
    Good luck in the build. Keep us posted with some pics !
    Don't forget your test kit and spend some time reading in pool school !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello neighbor, Congrats! I will be following this build closely. Please let me know the good and bad. We are dealing with Scott @ Premier and are still interviewing PBs

Please let me know if I can stop by and take a peek once construction starts.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Scott is who just sold us our pool. I am pretty happy with him. We tweaked the design a little this morning as we signed.

Quote Originally Posted by rodog123
    Hello neighbor, Congrats! I will be following this build closely. Please let me know the good and bad. We are dealing with Scott @ Premier and are still interviewing PBs

Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Scott is who just sold us our pool. I am pretty happy with him. We tweaked the design a little this morning as we signed.

Quote Originally Posted by rodog123

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful pool! Can't wait to follow your progress.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

7. Back To Top    #7

Did I miss any mention of lighting?
    Gorgeous plan, and you have a great yard for this pool. Don't forget pics are de rigueur for our viewing pleasure.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

Today we upgraded to Pebbletec and tweaked the design a bit further. Basically we made the pool longer. Thoughts? Sleeping on the tweaking. Something we are debating is whether or not to make the back wall just one consistent hight. Go to 12" or keep it 12" with an 18" spot. We would just evenly spread the three columns under that theory. Another thing we are considering is on the back wall whether or not to just make it have some sort of a consistent arch or flow from the furthers pillar to the left all the way to the hot tub.

9. Back To Top    #9

We tweaked the design. Final design - Off to HOA it goes.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

I like the final design. It looks cleaner to me with a little less curve for the sake of curving. Each curve now seems to have a purpose without looking busy. I could have gone either way on the wall height. I think the way you have it will look really nice. I think the extra 3' in length from your original design will make it feel a lot bigger.

Good luck in the new year! Digging around that time of year brings back good memories for me.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

I agree. I think it looks nice and less like Australia (which is what I think ours looks like at times). Ha! With the winter we are having this may be the time to start a project and not be trying finish like we are. Good luck. It will look great!

12. Back To Top    #12

Here are some photos of the more detailed sketch that went to HOA today. I had some questions as to what do you all think as far as depth goes? We are tall people.

Would appreciate comments on: Spa depth, and other orange question marked areas.

I also am posting our spec sheet that went to our HOA and my one question is with the Mx8 cleaner, if we decide to upgrade later and have no pump, can that be added later? Or is that a now type of something i need to upgrade and plumb for?
    Thanks for the comments.

Excited for the HOA to approve us and move onto the next phase.

13. Back To Top    #13

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.2.14 map posted/quest

Also, landscaping ideas? Anyone know of a great site for ideas? Thanks.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by appleguy711
    Here are some photos of the more detailed sketch that went to HOA today. I had some questions as to what do you all think as far as depth goes? We are tall people.

Would appreciate comments on: Spa depth, and other orange question marked areas.

I also am posting our spec sheet that went to our HOA and my one question is with the Mx8 cleaner, if we decide to upgrade later and have no pump, can that be added later? Or is that a now type of something i need to upgrade and plumb for?
    Thanks for the comments.

Excited for the HOA to approve us and move onto the next phase.

Hey! Great to see your design- it looks fabulous!! I wish I would have known about the size of the spillway. I would have made ours bigger, too. I also didn't know there was an option for spa depth, but ours seems fine. We aren't very tall. I think you will love the bench. I added the one under the scuppers after seeing the pool in "3-D".

We went back and forth between depths- will you use yours for water volleyball or anything? My kids voted for a "deep end" and I'm glad we did it - they have already been standing down there, planning their jumps and deep-water games.

You need to ask about the pump. Since we are doing the in-floor, I asked about having a cleaner line for a Polaris/robot cleaner and the construction manager said it is standard to already have a suction line for that. What is the upgrade from a Mx8 cleaner (sorry- I don't know what that is)?

Inground Free Form 20' X 40'; Intellachlor salt system; 8' Super Spa (raised 18"); 18" raised beam with water feature (2- 24" scuppers); 4' bench under scuppers; 7' x 14' tanning ledge with 6" water depth; 2- 3' benches with 18" water depth; Premier In-Floor Cleaning System; Fantastico Travertine coping, tiles, and stacked stone; Sundek decking with travertine inlays; Wet Edge Tahoe Coast ; Aqua Link Electronic Control; Jandy 2HP Stealth Pump for pool; 1.5 HP Jandy pump for water feature; Jandy Heater BTU 400K

PICTURES OF POOL BUILD: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98595901@N ... 864595916/

15. Back To Top    #15

Keep us posted.

What was the deciding factor on saltwater instead of chlorine?

What builder did you use?
    Thanks!

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by ErikU19
    Keep us posted.

What was the deciding factor on saltwater instead of chlorine?

What builder did you use?
    Thanks!

Erik: Thanks for the reply!

Two of our friends have saltwater pools. I notice my skin looks clearer after spending time in their pools and I don't have that chlorine smell on my skin. We are using premier pools.

17. Back To Top    #17

I really like the design and agree with others on the changes you made.
    34'x22', depths 3.5 x 5.5 x 3.5; ~9' spa, Walnut Travertine coping, Quartzscape;
    Equipment: 2hp Jandy pump, water feature pump, Jandy DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 Salt System;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/80544338@N00/sets/72157641144436833/

18. Back To Top    #18

Nice design! keep us posted on the progress
    Quote Originally Posted by appleguy711
    Also, landscaping ideas? Anyone know of a great site for ideas? Thanks.
    Plenty of pics here
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/landscape
    http://www.landscapingnetwork.com/
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

19. Back To Top    #19

We have HOA approval. #Digmypool

We picked out material this weekend as well.

The raised columns will use 4x12" silver travertine stone
    The raised wall will use 2x4" silver travertine stone
    The coping will be the Snow travertine.
    The decking will be the silver travertine.
    Waterline tile will be a grey 6" tile. We scrapped the glass tile.

20. Back To Top    #20

Re: New Pool - Pearland, TX updated 1.12.14 material chosen

looking good,that is going to look sharp. Are you going with Sundeck for the decking? if so are you getting it speckled?

We went with the Scabos Travertine.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast