Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NEC (not elsewhere classified) Justified: "Pool"

1. Back To Top    #1

NEC (not elsewhere classified) Justified: "Pool"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKoX8DilUs

[The [youtube] coding doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to embed video on here?]
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NEC (not elsewhere classified) Justified: "Pool"

The amount and pressure of water spraying out of the bullet hole does not make sense. It was about at the water line and would have almost no pressure. Even if he shot a return line, it should not spray out like that. Maybe if he shot the line between the pump and filter. However, it did not look like that was the case.

Generally, it's best not to shoot at the pool or equipment.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    Generally, it's best not to shoot at the pool or equipment.
    That seems like a very good assessment
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Durk

[The [youtube] coding doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to embed video on here?]
    [center:vhv5r2gj][youtube:vhv5r2gj]YcKoX8DilUs[/youtube:vhv5r2gj]

Yes, it does.
    [/center:vhv5r2gj]
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Quote Originally Posted by Durk

[center:3opa9lxx][youtube:3opa9lxx]YcKoX8DilUs[/youtube:3opa9lxx]

Yes, it does.
    [/center:3opa9lxx]
    Ahh, thanks. So you have to circle the tags around just the ID code...I was doing the whole link. I now understand what the popup instruction was trying to say....duh. Still, this place could use a software bump. It's kind of like going through a time-warp compared to the other sites I hang out on.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

6. Back To Top    #6

New softwear cost money. Since we do not have advertising plastered all over the site the funds that keep us up and running come from member donations (and I suspect the site owner kicks in a fair amount of scratch as well!)
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Adding a bit to what zea3 said, the site depends solely on the voluntary good will of TFP lifetime memberships for it's funding.

Advertising, however tempting, automatically taints the site as a user supported forum. I see no realistic way we can have the frank, open discussions about pool management remain completely uncolored if we accept advertising.

The current level of lifetime memberships does not support the significant expense of software upgrade that would help this site tremendously. Sometime next summer, we will be very close to our maximum capacity for traffic and that issue will stop being a nagging undercurrent and will be a full blown problem.

Right now, we are exploring possibilities to keep the spirit of the site intact and generate the increased revenues that we will soon require.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

I wonder if you simply said how much you need, and give a suggestion like "If every repeat visitor gave $x we'd meet our mark" if that would get it done. I'd like to think people who enjoy their pools due completely to this site (count me among them) would contribute if possible.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes, I agree with crek31! After contributing the Lifetime amount, there really isn't another way that I'm aware of to donate more. With all the great help I've received over the years, I'd be more than happy to kick in some more!! And, Durk, I see that you have been a member of the forum since 2007 yet there is no indication that you have become a supporter in some capacity. Please correct me if I am wrong but that would seem to me to be a great way for you to do your part in helping update the software!! :P
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

10. Back To Top    #10

I think you can always donate money through the same links that you do to become lifetime or platinum.

Thanks for your help!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

midthgal brings up a good point. As we work towards some resolution of how to keep improving the forum, I think we can probably alter some things and perhaps make contributions cumulative....so something like "lifetime" "Super lifetime", "platinum", etc.

We are hesitant to solicit funds from this community on any regular basis but the reality of upgrades and improvements is something we'll start working on in January. I would suggest that y'all give us a bit of time to work out something we can all live with and then we'll make some announcements in January.

We are always VERY appreciative of those that contribute and we'll do our best to make sure the forum gives back to you in a meaningful way.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School