The current available firmware for the Intellichem is
Version 1.060 (09/08/14):
1) Fixed bug with pH time-based Dose Limits and Mix times.
2) Added to Auto Setup options for "CO2/R2 RELAY1", "RELAY2 EX_IC" and "CO2/R2 EX_IC"
3) Eliminated internal pump high and low speed options from the menus and pump speed/volume calculations. Kept only medium speed 65 GPD.
4) Set External pump default to 50 GPD
5) Changed boot-up splash screen to Pentair Aquatic Systems
6) Improved probe test algorithm
7) Added spa mode indicator to advanced dosage display
Version 1.040 (11/7/12)
1) ORP lower set point value is now 400 instead of 650
2) Changed all displayed “TDS” to “SLT”
3) Now shows Jandy AquaPure SCG salt levels
4) If the chemical supply container size/units are changed, tank level is automatically modified
5) Auto-calibration tolerance has been slightly increased to reduce the amount of “Auto Calibration” errors
6) Error "ORP ICHLOR COM ER" changed to "ORP SCG COM ERR"
7) Removed the Probe Check feature
8) Changed the saturation index default alarm to +/- 0.50
9) Reduces pH and ORP dosages when automation switches to spa mode
10) ORP low alarm limit is now settable to 300
11) Added to wizard "L_PUMP EX_IC " for use with Commercial IntelliChlor systems
12) Added to wizard "L_PUMP RELAY1" for customers who switch from salt to liquid configurations
13) Lowered pH setpoint lower limit to 7.0
Pentair sells a Kit P/N 521498 to perform this upgrade.
These are the steps I used to upgrade my Intellichem fron v1.030 to v1.040;
1) Download the "Intellichem Update" software from Pentair at
http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/r ... /index.htm
2) Purchase the "Pololu USB AVR Programmer" from
http://www.robotshop.com/en/pololu-usb- ... ammer.html
for $11.00 plus $9.00 shipping = $20.00
3) Follow the directions in the PDF file included in the "Intellichem Update".
(After you install the software look in the following path for the instructions)
C:\Pentair\Intellichem\Intellichem Firmware Upgrade Instructions v1.1.pdf
Download another version of the upgrade instructions from;
http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/m ... on.php?s=5
Both versions are good to look at, as they have different pictures.
It took 35 seconds, the only issue is that you have to load the pgm03a.inf driver manually. The driver loading instructions are on the last page of PDF instructions.
Here is a link to drivers which should load automatically;
http://www.pololu.com/file/0J486/pololu ... 121114.exe
1) 6 pin ISP header cable will fit two ways, ONLY ONE WAY IS CORRECT, note pin one, verify cables...
2) In general, when upgrading firmware, you should be on a Uninterrupted Power Supply, bad things happen if power goes out during programming.