Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No drain acid wash pool temperature?

1. Back To Top    #1

East Texas

No drain acid wash pool temperature?

Hello all- my questions is this... Should the pool temperature be at a certain temp before I attempt a no drain acid wash? I live in east Texas and the pool temp is around mid 50's.

Do you think that the winter is the best time to remove pool stains? They are metal stains with some scale. I live in east Texas and I get allot red dirt in my pool. I am guessing that is how I am getting the metal/iron stains??

Any advice on how to keep the iron stains under control? Metal out??

25,000g In Ground Saltwater pool-plaster--rock water fall with water Jets- Polaris 280 vacum-Hayward ecostar pump- Hayward booster pump-TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No drain acid wash pool temperature?

Sorry no one has answered you. People usually choose winter since there are no swimmers. I am honestly not sure it's a better time to acid wash for stains.

You could have Iron in your makeup/fill water, and if you do there aren't many options unfortunately. Generally, people with much are stuck with sequestrant addition long term.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Arizona & California

Re: No drain acid wash pool temperature?

The lower water temperature is actually helpful for no drain acid washes. It makes the water slightly more aggressive.