Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing amerlite IG light fixture

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Replacing amerlite IG light fixture

I haven't completed all the testing yet, but it appears I may have to replace this fixture.

I installed the light fixtures in my pool about nine years ago and have forgotten exactly how it was done. My concern is I used some "potting compound" in the back of the niche to seal a connection.

I am hoping it was the bonding wire connection and not the power cord from the fixture up to power. I can't remember.

Does anyone have any insight into this?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing amerlite IG light fixture

I think this is the stuff you want and yes it's meant for the ground connection as opposed to the bond connection.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/au/e...er/output_html

and here's the data sheet

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...sFWtsFssssss--
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Thank you. I don't need the compound. I am just trying to remember where I used it. That fixture is gonna have to come out and the more I think about it, I am also positive the fixture wire was not epoxied in place so it should pull okay.

I DO remember that pulling that fixture wire through about 80+ feet of pipe with four 90's was a pretty big task so I am hoping it will come back out.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I've never had to do it with a pool light, but i imagine over time the cord can also sorta bond itself to the inside of conduit and make breaking it free pretty difficult. Good luck!
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.