Mesh Cover sags with snow

Jun 24, 2013
New Jersey
Not sure how active the forum is in the winter, but I am hoping someone can help. Right out of the gate, I apologize for no pictures.

We have a round above ground pool with a mesh cover. The previous owner of the house used to put the cover on, no bubble in the middle, and she would tie jugs filled with water in the eyelets of the cover to weigh it down. We tried to follow the same practice when we closed the pool (this is our first pool closing), but anytime it snows, the snow weighs the cover down and pulls the jugs up and snaps the nylon rope we used to tie the jugs onto the cover. Then the cover ends up in the water.

I have bought a new cover with clips and plan to swap it out, but before I do I want to make sure I am doing it right and don't want to ruin another cover.

Is my water level too low? Is it something else? Hoping you can help.

Thanks!!!

How is it breaking the ropes? It should still be just holding the weight of the jugs unless your water level is so low the cover is lifting the jugs all the way to the rail.

Water level should ideally be dropped to right under the return, which is where it sounds like you have it. How far below the top rail of the pool is your return line? Have you tried using a pool pillow or inflatable of some sort to prop up the cover?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.