Diving Rock Loose

Jun 22, 2013
North Houston, TX
I've searched everywhere on this site as well as on google (which just leads me back to this site) and have not been able to find an answer to my question. I've got an in ground salt water pool in our back yard and the diving rock is coming loose. You can put one foot on the rear and one on the front edge and the rear will come up about 1/2". Its pretty scary thinking that the rock is going to follow someone in after a big jump. What do I need to do to re-secure the rock? Do I just need to pry it up and use adhesive for rock and concrete to glue it back down or are there rebar rods going through it which would add difficulty? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It would be better if you could post a pic of it.

The rock is probably not anchored with rebar. Your best bet is probably to pry it up and flow some epoxy grout in the crack, but it hard to say without seeing how it's laid.

Your pictures aren't showing up anymore. :scratch:

It looked like there was a crack in the grout at the coping/decking joint is the reason I asked.

I would lift the rock up or remove it if I could and clean the area as best I could and then apply some marine epoxy to the joint and sit the rock back on it.

That's odd about the pictures. They are showing up just fine on my work computer without even being logged in. Anyway, thanks again for the help guys. I will give this a try this weekend and see what I can make happen. I will let you know how it goes. Is there a favorite brand of epoxy that anyone likes?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.