IntelliChem with option Chlorine pump and container

Nov 26, 2013
Philippines
I am planning to redesign/rebuild the equipment for my pool, which was built in 2010. I want more automation and remove my current EcoSmarte sanitizerer, as it is not working well.

The configuration I am planning will consist of an EasyTouch controller, with my existing IntelliFlo VF an IntelliChlor and IntelliChem.

My problem is that I cannot find supplier details and user experiences with the Chlorine option of Intellichem, so I am not sure if I have to order the chlorine pump and container, value of 425 US$.

What is really this option doing and what should you put in the container? What should you have to do manually if you didn't have this option? and how many times a week?

Any answers to these questions are appreciated.
Leo

The Intellichem will control the Intellichlor, so there is no need for a chlorine pump as that would be redundant.

You may want an acid pump and tank for PH control.

Without the automatic controls, you will have to add Chlorine or acid manually as needed. How often depends on your pool and climate.

One note is the the ORP sensors which are used to estimate the chlorine level (and then adjust the SWG output accordingly) have proven to not be very reliable is the presence of higher CYA levels which we recommend for outdoor pools.

There have been many members who have tried to use a ORP sensor to control the SWG output and found the FC levels to fluctuate a lot. They ended up discontinuing the use of the ORP automation and just go back to setting the SWG % output manually.

Jerry is right though, the IntelliChlor is a SWG so there would be no need for a chlorine pump and container. Unless you are confusing the pump and container that would be used to hold acid for automated pH adjustment.

jblizzle said:
There have been many members who have tried to use a ORP sensor to control the SWG output and found the FC levels to fluctuate a lot.

Off topic,
but I am having fluctuations;
Down 100 ORP during daylight
and back up that 100 ORP at nighttime

I have just accepted the higher readings at night for normal readings during the day.

I am keeping the CYA below 50.

Thanks a lot, it's clear to me.

Indeed I was planning to use the IntelliChem for diluting Muriatic acid. I have a bad experience with CO2, which I used with my Ecosmarte sanitizer. CO2 was not able to reduce the pH sufficiently, and I had to replace the big CO2 cannister every 4 to 6 weeks.

Topic can be closed, I don't know how to do this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.