LifeTime Supporter
Oct 28, 2012
Houston TX 77064
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
For the last 7 days CC has been .0 then yesterday .5 on the .5x and the .2x, then today .0 again. I don't know what is causing this, happens about every 10-15 days. Add enough bleach to bring up to 8 every night, losing only .5-1.0 a day rain or shine - ph/ak stable once a week adjustment of .50. Outside temp 50-60 Pool Temp 50-52. Any thoughts?

yesterday

C 7.5
CC .5
PH 7.8
AK 90
CAL 270
CYA 50

today
C 7.5
CC .0
PH 7.8
AK 90
CAL 270
CYA 50

I do, but try to catch everything a couple times a day. You know, sometimes big raptors clean their kill without leaving a trace (and sometimes they do :shock: ). Very interesting.... The pool looks beautiful, so I got a little freaked out - hence check every day gives a better gage of the day to day of what we don't see! Thank you - won't sweat it either.

I am going to make a guess that this may be weather related since we have been experiencing cool fronts about that often for the last couple of months. Perhaps it is caused by something blowing in when the wind changes directions, etc.

Ike

Smykowski said:
If on the CC test it takes one drop to clear, you're fine.

The test will turn pink if there are ANY CCs in the water, but the test records it as 0.5. So, while the test result says 0.5, the actual CC in the water could be 0.14.

This is new information for me - going in the journal as a Lesson Learnt. Thank you for the clarification.

Emphasizing what smykowski posted, you are within acceptable results on the CC's test so not to worry.

In addition, what you are experiencing is quite normal. CC's will show up when the FC has combined with something organic to form a different type of unusable chlorine. The FC in your pool combined with sunlight removes those CC's from your pool and that "battle" is going on constantly so you will see movement in your CC's result all the time. The important thing to take away is that you don't want CC's to go above .5 ppm and stay there........then a SLAM may be in order.

Unless you're actually USING the pool this time of year I'd let the CC# ride and wouldn't bother checking it more than once a week. I don't check mine at all in the winter. BLASPHEMY I know!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.