Pool Renovation in Southern California

Hey Guys, I'm about to do a few updates to my pool and figured I'd keep a log of the work here.

Its an in ground gunite pool with that is a amoeba shape with an attached spa. Its ~32x16 and about 10' deep on the deep end. I have had a couple pool guys estimate it around ~18k-20k gallons. The deck is in rough shape and the plaster/tile is even worse. We're guessing the pool is 30ish years old...

So far I have replaced the heater (an ancient monster that apparently caught on fire once) with a Pentair 400k BTU heater
Replaced the pump motor (its a WhisperFlo WFE-3) that was in pretty rough shape
The filter was an ancient stainless DE filter that I couldn't find any discernible label as towards the manufacturer. Its been replaced with a Pentair SMBW 4060
We also completely re-did the plumbing in the pump house and replaced the equipment pads. Before it was a hodgepodge of 1.5" copper and PVC.

We're about to tear up the whole pool deck and have it re-poured as it has settled and cracked badly over the last 30 years.
We're going to Raise the Spa walls 12" with a bench top, add two jets and add a spa light with a spillover waterfall into the pool.
Finally we're going to retile and replaster the pool with quartz. We're still a bit undecided on the color of the quartz but we're leaning towards darker colors.

Here are a couple before pics:

Wow! That's a lot of work! You mentioned a darker quartz finish - we are having wet edge barbados installed - here's a photo from the builders website of one of their pools with it installed. I can't wait to see how it looks in mine!

URL=http://s1006.photobucket.com/user/Readyforapool/media/image_zps2324b580.jpg.html]
image_zps2324b580.jpg
[/URL]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.