Ascorbic acid use on Diamond Brite

Dec 14, 2013
Recently I was told by a pool company that the stain on my pool surface which is diamond brite is caused by the copper in algeacide. He told me the pool had to be drained and acid washed. The cost would be about 800. The stain is light in color. I live in florida so I thought I'd try ascorbic acid. Don t think I need to worry about algae since the water has cooled to 72 degrees. Maybe I'm wrong. Will the ascorbic acid treatment work on diamond brite? Any help is greatly appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I think ascorbic acid should work on any surface. Once you do the treatment and the stains lift, then you will need to continuously use one of the recommended sequestrants to prevent the stains from coming back. See pool-school/metal%20stains

You have found the most expensive reason that we NEVER recommend copper based algaecides or mineral systems.

You can certainly still get algae with 70 degree water. The growth rate slows as it gets colder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.