Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replastered to WetEdge PearlMatrix

1. Back To Top    #1

Replastered to WetEdge PearlMatrix

A quick thank you to the entire community here at TFP. This site has been my "goto" site whenever I have pool issues or questions. I figure with this being my first post, it should be something informative.

Back in the summer of 2013 I had to re-plaster my pool because of serious delamination and bubbling issues. It had the standard plaster finish that I inherited with the house purchase. I don't have a long history to determine if it was caused by a poor original plaster application or poor chemistry maintenance. The pool was only 8 years old. Company that installed it is long gone now. I suspect it was just part of the housing boom and pool install bubble going on at the time here in N.Cali. Want an instaPool with that McMansion? Interesting how times have changed... now I see a bunch of trucks with company logos specializing in pool removals.

Anyway, we picked the WetEdge PearlMatrix Chilean Beach Tahoe finish for our 20k gal pool.

After the jack-hammering on a sunny Saturday morning at 7:30am that was called demolition ... and the dust settling, cleaning, prep, and plastering... the job was finally done a week on later... The attached picture shows the before and after results.

I really like the end results and I love the color contrast we have now. Pool feels a bit more natural, not so bright and artificial as with the original white plaster finish. It does have a light pebbly feel when walking on it and if one is not careful, you can scratch yourself. Despite that, I'm still happy with the end results.

I'm running a SWG setup with "The Pool Cleaner" as my little robot helper. I haven't encountered any issues or problems with this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    22K free form pool with spa, Pentair Intelliflo VF for pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VF for waterfall, Pentair WhisperFlo for shears, Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWCG, Pentair MasterTemp 250,000 BTU heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Tx

Re: Replastered to WetEdge PearlMatrix

Congrats, it looks beautiful! We too have Chilean Beach Tahoe and love it too.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Welcome to the forum. Great looking pool!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Nice choice on the finish and color. Looks great.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW metroplex

Looks great!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill