West Texas Pool Build

Just a note to be careful with the skimmer socks. I put mine on during heavy pollen season one day last year when our cover was open (we also had blown filter cartridges at the time but didn't know it). Didn't check them quickly enough and they were clogged causing pump cavitation. I did have them on both skimmers and I'm not sure if I went 12 or 24 hours without checking them. I might use them again but would be vigilant with my checking every few hours or less (assuming I would only use them in bad water conditions).

He needs to hurry up and put some turf around that rascal. I'm tired of HIS wind picking up HIS dirt and dropping it in MY pool!:nemo:

HAHAHA. You think it was His dirt that got in my eyes when I was trying to install motion lights on Sunday? I bet it was! Certainly couldn't have been my dirt. My dirt knows who it's boss is.

Woody, you have no idea what dirt in the pool is! Pine needles maybe....but dirt...I don't think so buddy! :lol:

Turf around the pool is on the top of the list, working some again this weekend again it looks like, so I'll have get creative. It will help, but then I'm not sure what to do about all the dirt blowing in from Lubbock, Seminole, and Andrews!

Maybe that's what got you on Sunday mrcarcrazy....Dunno, just sayin. :mrgreen:

I got a deal for ya' Brushpup. At this point in time........I'd be more than willing to swap you 2 tons of pollen in exchange for 2 tons of dirt (free shipping included both ways)----------just for the change of scenery in my pool!

I got a deal for ya' Brushpup. At this point in time........I'd be more than willing to swap you 2 tons of pollen in exchange for 2 tons of dirt (free shipping included both ways)----------just for the change of scenery in my pool!

LOL::epds::

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey brushpup, so caught up in my digging I hadn't
Realized you had your pool already. Just watched it from start to finish. You've come an awful long way from the pool Fever you had last year so bad you could taste it, to tasting your beautiful refreshing looking pool water. Congrats buddy. Looks great.
I need to keep my eyes open around me more and stop being so focused on my own pool. The answers to most of my questions are right here on this forum. Thanks for this!

From the start, to the end, it's been a long, rough road, but it finally feels like it's been worth it. Thanks for the replies all, I'm sorry I haven't seen them, but have seldom been in the UC forum for months. Subscribed back so I won't miss anything again. Thank you all for the kind words.

Back in Decemeber...

Trench1rs_zps4e0c11bd-1.jpg

And then it felt like this part would never end....

Adeck7rs_zpsaa5c4f67-1.jpg

Now this...Yaaayyy Finally!!! :D
Doners13_zpsa6a582b0-1.jpg

My wife wanted the Pergola and we found some guys that turned out to be the type of contractors you would always hope for. They worked over 14 hours on this pretty much non stop until it was done. I may make a thread on it elsewhere showing the construction, but it is solid. They punched holes in the patio a foot deep for the columns AND tied it into the house frame, so this thing is going nowhere.

How much it transformed the back yard is something you have to experience to believe I think. Not sure that's possible in pictures, but we love, love this thing! It's really fantastic.
Doners14_zps7a593343-1.jpg

Doners9_zps04684a88-1.jpg

Doners17_zpsd311b6c6-1.jpg

Doners10_zps1419baf5-1.jpg

Doners11_zps9de5bc4b-1.jpg

A few more from earlier in the morning. I love how the water color changes all day....

Doners15_zpsc9c2da07-1.jpg

Doners16_zps054cce5b-1.jpg

"A few more from earlier in the morning. I love how the water color changes all day...."
The color sure looks nice. Our aqua blue pebble plaster does the same thing.
Congrats on your project being finished. Time to enjoy it

Very nice pergola brush! Love how the Boss is just sitting on his chair! The pool looks great too!

Looking very snazzy. I really gotta check out that Pergola. We may have to add one...now I'm wishing I'd have gone ahead and paid for all the extra concrete on my build. Oh well.

Oh and I'm still jealous of your loungers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.