West Texas Pool Build

Re: Our West Texas Pool Build: Can You Guess What This Is???

Brushpup said:
Here is something for everyone to ponder. There have been two of these lying around for many days now, but I could not imagine what they were for. Turns out, they are not only an important, but critically important piece in the construction process. I saw them in action Sunday morning, and thought I would see if anyone here knows, or could guess what they were for. If you do, speak up, or guess and I'll post more photos and explanations a bit later.

That 1 dollar device was used by most of the crews who built my pool. The excavators, gunite crews, and the decking crews all used that to make sure everything was level. The owner of the gunite company showed me how it worked and he said it works absolutely as well as the very expensive laser levels, and seeing them at work, I would have to agree. There was one of those that hung on the branch of my big tree throughout the entire build and all the crews would just grab it when needed.

Great that they broke through the rock, on my dig they hit rock about a foot down then was solid rock the rest of the way!

Looking great!

Re: Our West Texas Pool Build

I've seen a lot of Centex builds here on the forum Skylar and I am always amazed how they dig em'. So many areas down there are nothing but solid rock, it's surprising they can get a pool dug at all.

This level thing is interesting and I guess it's really common. My PB swears by it, and likes it for simplicity, but more for accuracy. Paraphrasing him "water and gravity don't lie". Hard to argue with that. We are at a stand still until the holidays pass, but most of the rebar is in. Ran into a little snag, but we'll get it resolved once we get moving again.

Thank you Ken. While the exact opposite is really true, he thinks he is! That said, I love the knuckle-head beyond description. Hope to see your pool finished and filled up soon. I know you must be ready.

Might do it....

Between work first quarter and weather, not entirely sure. We may push the finish until it warms a little and I have time to attend to it properly. Just have to wait and see.

Our West Texas Pool Build

I'm thinking when it's done to have an all out TFP party to break her in properly.
Pig roast, couple, 3-4 kegs, lots of liqueur, bunch of bikini models, you get the picture. 2 day event !! I'll help ya get it set up !! Woody would probably like to have his hand in it too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sounds like a plan Jeff, I like the way you think. Problem is, my wife doesn't so much on the Bikini models. She might want to even it out with something equal for the girls team and that ain't me, you, or Woody. :mrgreen:

Hey!
Thanks for the interest y'all. We have the shell done now, but I've barely had time to answer a few questions each day. Sorry for no updates, but I will add some pics soon. Sarge is well but miffed over the limited access, and state of "his" yard. :mrgreen:

I'm sure he is, mine still look at the "hole" then look at me like WTH? There was a pecan tree, which we renamed the squirrel tree because there were more of them than pecans in the tree, right where the pool is - it gave them get joy and frustration simultaneously! Good luck, can't wait for more pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.