West Texas Pool Build

Welp, it's nearly done. Today we are getting the plumbing issues resolved and doing equipment startup, diving board install, and finishing touches.

Nothing like being ahead of the game. :roll:

In any event, we got her filled up yesterday evening and it looks like we are a good deal shy of original estimates. I figure around 26-28K tops, but some testing/addition will verify. I'll get more pics in varying light today, but all in all we are thrilled to death with the water color. It was a complete gamble since we mixed the batch on the fly until we thought it would be what we wanted. PB had never used, this exact line of product or either of the colors we blended, but to us it turned out pure perfection. It is exactly the water color we wanted, and I must say we got a little lucky. The first little batch we mixed was way too blue and dark, but that made it easy to see where to take it. There are some minor details we aren't entirely pleased with, but overall we love it.

Began with the hose from my terrible well, waiting on better water to come. My well wouldn't likely handle it and I didn't want the poor water anyway. It has 720+ CH and that isn't a goo place to start. :D

Looking great, can't wait to see todays pics :D

What, you didn't get enough on texts? :mrgreen:

Patrick great post. I really want to see the finished product. How did you keep sarge from inspecting the fresh plaster?

Well, we had to keep him away until it was cured enough. Honestly he hasn't been to big on getting inside anyway. However, he did give final approval....
Fillrs2_zps62d0aa6f-1.jpg

Fillrs1_zps6334c5d3-1.jpg

Fillrs3_zps8edee793-1.jpg

Fillrs7_zps3cd08412-1.jpg

Generally, it isn't a good idea to splash or spray the walls until full they say, but in my case it did no harm. As for waiting to get in, I took it from a very good authority that once the pool is being filled, the plaster is hard. Basically, he said it's boloney that you have to wait to swim, and I agree. I had no problem convincing the kids it was ok either. :lol:

Fillrs6_zps35b74e65-1.jpg

Fillrs5_zps6c296f93-1.jpg

Fillrs4_zpsb068c576-1.jpg

Full pics later today or tomorrow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.