Polaris 9300 sport right side wheels not turning

Jun 13, 2013
I have been away from my house and therefore pool as well, but when I tried to use the polaris yesterday it kept turning to left and into the wall - it appears that the right side wheels are not turning but the left side work just fine.

Any ideas on what I need to look at? I searched online for a service manual but was not able to locate one. I wasn't sure if the wheels are driven by the water pump and maybe a hose came off? any help to get me started is appreciated!

There is a gear box inside with a drive shaft going from the left side to the right side and a chain connecting the right side front and back wheels to the drive shaft. The chain came off you can gain access by removing the top cover that is held in place with two Philips head screws. If there is any parts needed a good pool supply store offers free in store labor.

Ok, so got adventurous and disassembled the 9300. Inside the motor housing there is a motor for each front tire. Apparently the right side motor has an issue as the gearing when I turn the wheel is not smooth like the left side. It feels like the motor gear has let go or teeth sheered off. I followed the disassembly found here:
http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/polaris ... 0SPORT.pdf

Does anyone know if you can purchase only the tire motors? I will do some searching as well.....
Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, Polaris does not sell just the motors inside the motor block - you will need to purchase a new Motor Block (Polaris R0516900) It is likely the motor... It does have a 2 year warranty, PM me the serial number and I'll check if its still under warranty for you.

I will get the serial number Thursday and send it to you. I have not owned it 2 years yet so I hope that is not a problem. The pool was built in April 2012 and I purchased this from the pool contractor at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.