aerating the pool

Dec 12, 2013
Houston, TX
Well I've been soaking in all this TFP information several hours a day which is fantastic and every now & then when adding chemicals or treating the pool for something, I see the term "then aerate" your pool. BUT it never says how to do that. Even in the definition of terms page that word isn't there.

Now I have 3 aerators on the back side of my pool. Basically all they are....are little sprayers that are turned on with the water feature valve and I can adjust the spray from small to large into the pool.

Is this what they talking about?

If not how do you aerate a pool?

thx

Hi, Martin.....that's exactly right. Getting the water infused with some air particles, whether it is via aeration bubblers, waterfalls, etc. Some pools don't have any water features so there are some pics on the site of improvised aeration devices that members have made and attached to the pool return lines.

Usually you only need to aerate if trying to raise PH and/or going through the procedure of adjusting TA.

Are you having an issue with either one of those?

Thanks Dan.

Yes I have a thread in this same forum category that's been running now for about 3 or 4 days now & I've been very busy scouring this website to learn AND doing a lot of things to correct my problem and get my pool balanced correctly. I'm fixing to update that thread right now so check it in a few minutes.

thx

That's always a hard choice when you change subjects but the default best choice is to keep it under your old thread. All of us can then get any background info that may be helpful without looking at your old thread (which many of us wouldn't know is there)

duraleigh said:
That's always a hard choice when you change subjects but the default best choice is to keep it under your old thread. All of us can then get any background info that may be helpful without looking at your old thread (which many of us wouldn't know is there)
Especially come summertime, when there's about 200 new threads every day!

A few things aerate the pool. Those sprayers will, as will waterfalls, spill over spas, hot tub jets, even SWG's add an aeration effect. Basically anything that agitates the water, even swimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.