Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: aerating the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

aerating the pool

Well I've been soaking in all this TFP information several hours a day which is fantastic and every now & then when adding chemicals or treating the pool for something, I see the term "then aerate" your pool. BUT it never says how to do that. Even in the definition of terms page that word isn't there.

Now I have 3 aerators on the back side of my pool. Basically all they are....are little sprayers that are turned on with the water feature valve and I can adjust the spray from small to large into the pool.

Is this what they talking about?

If not how do you aerate a pool?

thx
    10k gal., Hydrozzo finish, in ground chlorine pool, No Spa, No Heater, Built in Oct 2012 TF-100 test kit Jandy Cartridge Filter CV340 Jandy VSFloPro Variable Speed Pump Model VS-FHP2.0 Hayward TigerShark QC Robotic Pool Cleaner RC9990GR Intermatic 100 watt Safety Transformer Model# PX 100 Intermatic Freeze Sentry PF 1202T.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: aerating the pool

Hi, Martin.....that's exactly right. Getting the water infused with some air particles, whether it is via aeration bubblers, waterfalls, etc. Some pools don't have any water features so there are some pics on the site of improvised aeration devices that members have made and attached to the pool return lines.

Usually you only need to aerate if trying to raise PH and/or going through the procedure of adjusting TA.

Are you having an issue with either one of those?
    Mesa, AZ Spillover spa and inground pool, 12,500 G, pebble finish, Hayward C5030 (525sf) Cartridge Filter, Hayward EcoStar VS Pump, Installed July 2013, Hayward SWG T-Cell-15, Trident UV (I know, I know....was installed before I found this site!) Rock grotto waterfall, LED ColorLogic lighting, 110 BTU Heat Pro Electric Heat Pump, Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 cleaner, TF-100 test kit with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dan.

Yes I have a thread in this same forum category that's been running now for about 3 or 4 days now & I've been very busy scouring this website to learn AND doing a lot of things to correct my problem and get my pool balanced correctly. I'm fixing to update that thread right now so check it in a few minutes.

thx
    10k gal., Hydrozzo finish, in ground chlorine pool, No Spa, No Heater, Built in Oct 2012 TF-100 test kit Jandy Cartridge Filter CV340 Jandy VSFloPro Variable Speed Pump Model VS-FHP2.0 Hayward TigerShark QC Robotic Pool Cleaner RC9990GR Intermatic 100 watt Safety Transformer Model# PX 100 Intermatic Freeze Sentry PF 1202T.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you could try to keep everything under the same thread so it's easier for people to follow and help you out.
    Just my 0.02.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah I know but this was a totally different question that I had that really didn't pertain to my ongoing thread so that's why I did it here.

thx

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

That's always a hard choice when you change subjects but the default best choice is to keep it under your old thread. All of us can then get any background info that may be helpful without looking at your old thread (which many of us wouldn't know is there)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    That's always a hard choice when you change subjects but the default best choice is to keep it under your old thread. All of us can then get any background info that may be helpful without looking at your old thread (which many of us wouldn't know is there)
    Especially come summertime, when there's about 200 new threads every day!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Understood. Will do.

I'm learning the ropes of the forum so I'll do as you guys say.

thx

9. Back To Top    #9

A few things aerate the pool. Those sprayers will, as will waterfalls, spill over spas, hot tub jets, even SWG's add an aeration effect. Basically anything that agitates the water, even swimmers.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem