Vinyl Liner tearing along join at top of Pool

Hi All
It's been a small while since I've been here, the advice here has been so good, I have not had too many issues getting the pool going this year and keeping it crystal clear. (Although the leaves and dust do there best to do there worst.)

I here to ask some advice on the best course of action on our vinyl liner. As you can see from the pictures the liner is stating to pull away from the joining components. It is slowly getting worse but am hopeful that something can be done to repair it as the remaining liner is fine and we have no leaks in that. It's mostly happening on the sides where the sun gets it and the UV(?) (which is quite strong in this part of the world) does the most damage. While the rust in the pictures is not worrying me, but I will most likely get that sorted at the same time, depending on what needs to be done to fix the liner.

So what can we do to solve this? If we have to empty water out the pool I am hoping that it will last to the end of the season to around April, as then I can fill the pool over winter from the roof rain water.

Thanks in advance for all your expert knowledge and advice.

Neil

[center:6cdtemh6][attachment=2:6cdtemh6]Corner.JPG[/attachment:6cdtemh6][/center:6cdtemh6]
[center:6cdtemh6][attachment=1:6cdtemh6]tear1.JPG[/attachment:6cdtemh6][/center:6cdtemh6]
[center:6cdtemh6][attachment=0:6cdtemh6]tear2.JPG[/attachment:6cdtemh6][/center:6cdtemh6]

Attachments

• Corner.JPG
    Corner.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 69
You could patch the area with vinyl and glue "HH-66" works best for situations like this. The liner is technically finished at this point any repair won't look great but you can maybe get it to limp by if you can patch it successfully. When the liner is eventually replaced you can use this product http://www.303products.com/303r-aerospace-protectant-32oz.html to keep the sun from ruining the new liner, along with proper water chemistry.

Thanks for that. Should I be putting the patch on the small strip that it has pulled away from, or can I put the patch onto the hard (pvc type, not sure) plastic just above the liner?

What is going through my mind at the moment (since your post) is to put a strip all way around the pool (its about 4m x 7m so not too big) as that will at least make it look even all the way around and seem that it may suppose to be there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.