Need to buy a new brush...recommendations please

Dec 12, 2013
Houston, TX
Have a salt water pool with Hydrozzo light blue finish and is 1yr. old. The contractor that built it for us gave us a 18" brush which has a combination of nylon & some stainless steel bristles. The pool company said that this type of brush also help polished the finish some.
http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pool-Opening/Pool-Brushes/20155.html

I'm in the process of dealing with my pool chemistry right now, diluting etc., to mainly reduce my high CH & CYA and bringing my pool into balanced chemistry after those numbers come down. (I already have another thread on this) I did see some Calcium deposits on my tile the other day just below the coping which I got about 80% off with elbow grease, BUT if it's there, it's probably on my walls also. I was brushing about once a week this summer but I'm going to increase that to 3x's a week now.

So is this the type of brush with the link I provided the one I want to continue with?

Martin

Based on several recommendations from folks around the site here I just recently bought the "whale tail" brush (you can "Bing" or "Google" it).

It has a side fin that helps apply brush pressure to the pool walls, and it definitely saves some wear and tear on the back!

I would not think steel bristles are necessary. I think they may be a bit too aggressive for your hydrozzo finish, and if your pool chemistry is kept in balance all you are trying to do is keep the majority of small particles off of the pool walls and floor.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.