Just curious, is there a low temp limit for water testing?

Sep 10, 2013
Ridgecrest, CA
Is there a low range temp that might influence the test water for best/accurate results?
I have the ColorQ, and at least the CYA should have the water to be between 70 and 80 according to LaMotte for their tester.

Any such cold water issues for CL, Ph, Alk, etc. that you know of?

Just curious.
I don't "close" the pool as such, just run the safety cover back once a week to brush and test the water.
Anal, I know.
My first winter.

My current water temp is about 42, the FC is only dropping about 1/2 point per week, from 4.30 to about 3.80 (CYA of about 30 taken into account). This seems a minor drop to me.
But then, I was wondering if the colder water was messing up my readings somehow, hence the question.
Thanks.

Re: Just curious, is there a low temp limit for water testin

Some tests can be effected by water temperature, therefore the best advice is bring the sample indoors and let it warm up to room temperature for half an hour or so before testing.

Ike

Re: Just curious, is there a low temp limit for water testin

Please be aware that we have seen numerous reports of inaccurate results coming out of the ColorQ. The test kits that we recommend do not have some of the limitations, like a max of 10ppm FC. In addition, the drop based kits that we recommend do not require color matching, you count drops and observe a color change.

Low temp can affect the turbidity CYA test, but I am not sure how it affects the ColorQ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.