ok if pool cover stretches under snow?

ChewBiscuit

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
I saw some similar topics but just to confirm. .

Is it OK to have snow on your pool cover? I have a mesh cover and with maybe 4 or 5 inches of snow its sagging probably a good foot.

Also, stupid of me not to think about this before, but does snow on the pump or filter damage that equipment?

Thank you.

If it is a safety cover, you generally want the water within 15" of the cover when it's dry, and the cover will settle down and sit on the water when you get snow on it.

Snow on the pump isn't the best; try to put a bucket over it to protect it. The filter should be fine as long as it was completely drained out (the frozen water will crack the inside pipes if not)

ChewBiscuit said:
I saw some similar topics but just to confirm. .

Is it OK to have snow on your pool cover? I have a mesh cover and with maybe 4 or 5 inches of snow its sagging probably a good foot.

Also, stupid of me not to think about this before, but does snow on the pump or filter damage that equipment?

Thank you.

Yes, my mesh cover sags as well. As for the pump, it should be covered as packed snow and ice inside probably isnt the best for it. For mine I made a cover. I took a rubbermaid storage tub and cut a slot in it to go around the pipe, so far it is working great. You dont want it completely sealed really as you want air movement to dry moisture out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.