Compool CP3800 Error (ERR1)

brian4110

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hi all...let's get right to it I guess!

Woke up this morning and the display on my Compool control system (pool/spa) CP3800 was showing the error code ERR1.

The manual says the following about this error code:
If there is a fault with the Water Temperature Sensor, the display will show “Err 1”.
 Check sensor cable and connections.
 Replace Water Temperature Sensor (model TS-5L).

My pool has been closed since the end of October. Last night was the coldest night of the year with temps almost in single digits F.

My question is, do I need to be concerned about this until the spring? Does this indicate a possible problem with the winterization? Anybody else with this equipment experience this problem?

Any experience or advice is appreciated! I hate to stare at this error code all winter....it's an OCD nightmare!

Sounds like even I could change it out. ;)

Thanks for the help!

FYI...just walked by the panel and the error code has disappeared. Might have had some intermittent cold weather freezing issue. I'll keep my eye on it until spring. Glad to know this is DIY though in case I need a repair.

I have the same Err1 message. I've had it for a while but didn't get around to changing the water sensor until I was ready to use the pool (and heater). I changed the sensor but I still ave the message.

I've cross checked the sensor with the freeze sensor and a second new sensor, so I'm assuming this is a circuit board or connection issue? Does anyone know if I can avoid changing the circuit board, or replacing the whole controller?

Is there a way to bypass the water sensor to run the mini-max heater, please?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.