Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What Shotcrete P.S.I needed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Southern California

What Shotcrete P.S.I needed?

We are in Southern California and my shotcrete bid is stating that is 3000 p.s.i. Is that strong enough? Should I require 4000 p.s.i or something else? The pool we are putting in is 16x38 with an additional 5x10 reef knockout and it goes from 3.5-7 ft deep. If you need to know what we are doing withbthe rebar, The raised bond beam steel are #4 bars and the transition bars are 20'. the pool is using #3 rebar except #4s on center. The other bid we had included 2500 p.s.i. Gunite. I've tried to read up on the subject, but there are so many differing opinions. I thought I'd turn to the experts here at TFP to see if you can give me any advice. Thanks in advance.
    24k gallon 16x38 IG shotcrete pool + 5x10 tanning shelf, Stonescapes Tropics Blue, Heat Siphon Z575HP Heat Pump (11.45 KW PV SunPower Solar), Pentair 3HP VS Pump 001018, Pentair SWG IC40, 2 Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 120v color LED pool lights, Pentair IntelliGlo 5G 12v color LED shallow water light w/300W transformer, Pentair DE FNS Plus 60sf filter, 24" rbb wall, 3.5-7' depth, TFT100 Test Kit, K1776 Salt Test kit, '07 Sundance Chelsee spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What Shotcrete P.S.I needed?

Your local building code might address this matter. If so, then the builder would have to meet that minimum.

If you want to be extra sure you could consult with a professional engineer to advise you based on your specific pool, soil and environment.

In any case, I would want a minimum of 4,000 psi. ... -10-28.pdf ... ength.aspx ... ssion.aspx ... asics.aspx