HELP!!!!!!!! Don't know what to do!!!!!

Here is my dilemma,

First time pool owner here. I used the BBB method all summer and it worked amazing as expected :lol: So here we go: a little about my pool, I moved in in April and the pool was uncovered and drained below the first return (It has a dual return). The other return still had the hose connected with a plug installed. So after converting the pool to BBB the summer went fine no problems at all. I closed my pool in October, I drained it past the first return and left the hose connected with plug installed. Fast forward to today: I come home from work and notice that my pool is empty, I found that the plug that was in the second return came out and of course drained my pool. My question is, should I fill the pool back up or just wait until I open it in May? Right now my cover is installed and could fill with rain water. The weather has been below freezing for the last week. I was so looking forward to taking the cover off and posting some pictures of how well my opening went due to the BBB method used the season prior. :cry: Any information would be helpful in this matter, and thank you in advance.

Your pool needs to be filled at least 1/2 way to give it structural integrity. Otherwise when the cover fills with snow and ice the weight may cause the pool walls to cave in, or winds could blow the pool over.

How low is the second return and what kind of plug was used?

If you have threaded fittings on the returns you should be able to get a threaded plug that will just screw in. I'd go ahead and take the other hose off if possible and fill the pool back up to closing level. Did you drain the filter and pump when you closed the pool?

Filter is drained and pump is in the garage. The previous owner had another plug installed in the other side where the return came back into the pool as well. I did not install this one because I had a hard time getting the eye for this return back on when I initially opened the pool when I moved in. I think I will look into a better type of plug and fill the pool back up at least half way.

What was the problem with getting the eye back in the return ? The usual way to plug the return is to remove the eye and use a threaded plug or expandable plug.
I used an expandable plug on mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.