Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pool leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pool leak

We set up an Intex oval 9x18 above ground pool at the end of last summer and used it for about a month. Then covered it well and are going to ride out the winter here in San Diego County, (mild weather) with it up. Not sure if it was a good idea to leave it up, maybe someone can comment on that please.
    It seems to have a very slow drip at one of the drains now, very slow. Wondering how that can happen and what I should do about it. Did something come loose on the drain plug from the inside? Can it get worse? Do I need to get in there and do something? Water is probably about 50 degrees so hoping to avoid that if possible.
    Finally how long does a pool like that last before it's a danger to burst? It's close to my house.
    Very grateful for any help on any of these questions. Thank you.
    Intex 9X18x52 Ultra Frame Pool, 5000 gals, Saltron Retro Saltwater Generator, Hayward Power Flow Matrix 1 1/2 hp pump, Xstream 150 sq/ft filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pool leak

Is the drain plug leaking or is it leaking around the welded in fitting?

If it's leaking around the welded in fitting you should contact Intex now and let them know about it. There have been reports of those leaking and Intex replacing the pool because of it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex pool leak

Thank you I'll look closely.
    Intex 9X18x52 Ultra Frame Pool, 5000 gals, Saltron Retro Saltwater Generator, Hayward Power Flow Matrix 1 1/2 hp pump, Xstream 150 sq/ft filter