Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First EVER numbers!!! (That are trustworthy!)

1. Back To Top    #1

First EVER numbers!!! (That are trustworthy!)

Look what turned up the other day....

Look what turned up in sunny Zimbabwe!!! by pommezimbo, on Flickr

Should keep me going for a while

BIG shout out to a certain AWESOME member of this site for making this happen!!!!! You know who you are!!!!!

First REAL numbers. (not from strips/ HTH "sort of" reliable 3 way drop based kit)

FC-6.5
    CC-0
    CH 130
    TA 60 (HTH says 80, I wiped with a damp cloth each time as directed)
    PH 7.5
    CYA 30
    Borates 50-80 (looked in between these on strips)

SO, recommendations?

The pool is concrete shell about 15" thick and then all of surface tiled as in pic.
    The dot for CYA was JUST visible at the 30 mark. Completely gone at 40. It was a very bright sunny day and time was about 1.30pm.
    I mixed the solution by putting the magnet pill in the mixing bottle and using the speed stir.

As always thanks in advance!!!!!

If u wanna know more about my situation and what I have done so far with this pool, or the challenges I have faced sorting out the pool in this 3rd world country see thishttp://www.troublefreepool.com/no-wa...st-t71335.html post.
    Mike
    Located in sunny Zimbabwe, Southern Africa.
    20300Gal IG Concrete shell, fully tiled, built circa 1960. 1 Skimmer, 2 Returns. 1.5 hp Onga single speed pump. 200lb "Quality®" Sand filter. DIY Auto Chlorine Injection setup. PoolSkim.
    Barracuda Pacer G2. TF-100-XL & Speedstir.
    BBB all the way, elbow grease to brush each morning!
    Home-Made FAS/DPD work in progress.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First EVER numbers!!! (That are trustworthy!)

Congrats on getting the kit and taking control of your pool.
    I think your numbers look great ! If the dot was gone at 40 then your CYA is 40.
    By the way pool looks awesome !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The dot for CYA was JUST visible at the 30 mark. Completely gone at 40.
    Your numbers look really good (as does your pool)

A correction on your CYA test.....you may have just transposed the numbers. If the dot was obscured at the 40 mark, then filling to the 30 mark would have obscured the dot even more. No big deal but it sounds like your CYA may have been 40 which is just a bit better than 30. That said, either will work and you can fine tune as you go along.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome! Looks like you are stocked up for now. You don't need to test Cya too often so you can save on that one.

I love the finish in the pool! Is that just random tile pattern going on there? Very cool no matter what it is, I like it!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the feedback guys, and the compliments about the pool!!

Duraleigh- You are right, I meant to say it was barely visible at 40 and completely gone at 30....! Lol.
    So, I am gonna bring it up to around 60 maybe 80 with the sun being on the water all day. Means I can use some pucks with the pool calculator for a while to supplement bleach, which will be nice. Saying that the bleach is a breeze for me, as a friend of mine manufactures it fresh for me, and I have an auto siphon set up with aquarium tubing as I read about on here. Plus correct me if I am wrong, but I could also get away with using some cal hypo (not at the same time tri/dichlor of course) for a while what with my CH being low, right?

Brushpup- Yup should keep me going for while! hoping to make my own FAS/DPD reagents soon for when I run out(which should be at least more that a year!), had some advice from chemgeek on what I need to do, I already have the raw materials just need to calibrate against my TF kit.
    And it's a random tile pattern going on with 3 colors of tile, must have taken ages to do at the time!

Appreciate everyone's kind comments!!

Mike

EDIT: I would want to bring TA up to about 100 if using tri/dichlor pucks right? Also the reason I am thinking of using pucks, if people are wondering why I would use them (in a floater) when I have an auto siphon set up, is because sometimes we have days without power..... The generator can't cope with the pool pump and the house, working on that one as a project for the future!
    Mike
    Located in sunny Zimbabwe, Southern Africa.
    20300Gal IG Concrete shell, fully tiled, built circa 1960. 1 Skimmer, 2 Returns. 1.5 hp Onga single speed pump. 200lb "Quality®" Sand filter. DIY Auto Chlorine Injection setup. PoolSkim.
    Barracuda Pacer G2. TF-100-XL & Speedstir.
    BBB all the way, elbow grease to brush each morning!
    Home-Made FAS/DPD work in progress.

6. Back To Top    #6

Your pool looks awesome, but... I want to see whats in the background.
    1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.