Concrete disappearing

nicpppardo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2013
Chlorine: 6
PH: 7.8 (just added acid... Should be around 7.4)
TA: 70
CYA: 40-45
CH: 800
Salt: 2960

So the weirdest thing is happening, and I thought Id start here first! I live in Los Angeles county (Santa Clarita valley area) and we've had some rain lately. All around the concrete outside my pool (and even as far as 30 ft away from the pool) there is white residue everywhere. Then, on the coping area of the pool (pictures attached) that white stuff is literally eating away at the concrete!!

I only add acid slowly in front of one of the jets and it is added nowhere near where the areas of concrete are disappearing. At first I thought it was an acid accident, but the concrete is going away everywhere!

Is there something in my water?? What would cause this? I've never seen anything like it! Any help you could give on this mystery would
Be greatly appreciated!

atanaru7.jpg

egusa8e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same issue with my flagstone. I converted my pool to salt last winter and think it could be a contributing factor. My "kool deck" covered concrete is holding up perfectly though.

Almost surely it was simply salt left behind from your evaporating pool water.

I would suggest rinsing the surfaces as often as necessary to re-dissolve the deposits. Your concrete issues will go away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.