Question about equipment brands

Nov 13, 2013
Pearland, TX
Had a meeting with a PB that only uses Pentair equipment (pumps, filter, Kreepy Krauly robot, led lights, sanitizer)

- I was told that Pentair was the best out of Jandy and Hayward. Is this true or is Pentair just the more expensive of the all three?

I must say we were very impressed with PB as they only use Pebble Tech and actually have their own color with Pebble Tech

Maybe he just gets a better deal from Pentair, but he can't tell that to the end customer, can he?

On the other hand, if he does sell lots of Pentair stuff, he might actually know how this Pentair stuff works, which is not bad at all.

Just my 2c.

I don't know this as a fact, this is just what the PB told me in the initial meeting. He said Hayward was at the bottom then
Jandy and Pentair was the best.

I did not know if there was some sort of equipment hierarchy when it comes to brands. Hayward and Jandy seem to be well respected from what I have been reading so far.

Most believe that Jandy is the Mercedes, Pentair next, and Hayward. I know for a fact that Jandy is higher with my PB, but he uses Jandy Pentair about equally. I had a bad experience trying to get help from Hayward on a little ABG system, and I'd never use them based on that alone. I'm going Pentair on pump and filter for my build. Raypak on the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.