Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about equipment brands

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about equipment brands

Had a meeting with a PB that only uses Pentair equipment (pumps, filter, Kreepy Krauly robot, led lights, sanitizer)

- I was told that Pentair was the best out of Jandy and Hayward. Is this true or is Pentair just the more expensive of the all three?

I must say we were very impressed with PB as they only use Pebble Tech and actually have their own color with Pebble Tech
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Question about equipment brands

The general consensus (not all will agree) is that, among those you mentioned, there is very little difference. Do you know for a fact Pentair is higher?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe he just gets a better deal from Pentair, but he can't tell that to the end customer, can he?

On the other hand, if he does sell lots of Pentair stuff, he might actually know how this Pentair stuff works, which is not bad at all.

Just my 2c.
    Donīt be fooled by the sheep on my bike, I swim with fish in my sound equipped pool.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know this as a fact, this is just what the PB told me in the initial meeting. He said Hayward was at the bottom then
    Jandy and Pentair was the best.

I did not know if there was some sort of equipment hierarchy when it comes to brands. Hayward and Jandy seem to be well respected from what I have been reading so far.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

Most believe that Jandy is the Mercedes, Pentair next, and Hayward. I know for a fact that Jandy is higher with my PB, but he uses Jandy Pentair about equally. I had a bad experience trying to get help from Hayward on a little ABG system, and I'd never use them based on that alone. I'm going Pentair on pump and filter for my build. Raypak on the heater.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem