Air being sucked into pump

Geokir

Dec 7, 2013
We have just had the pool resurfaced. Now I am getting a lot of air being sucked into the pump. It is coming from the input pipe on pump. I have two skimmers and a bottom drain connected to the pipe coming from the pool to the pump. I just shut off the bottom valve and then the pump sucked almost nothing but air. When I shut off the skimmers one at a time nothing changes still sucks a lot of air with the water. The water is over half way up on the skimmers. The company that resurfaced the pool did chip around the bottom drain.

Could a bad valve seal at the plunger to open and close it pull in this much air.
Any tip on troubleshooting where the air is coming from

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

You have a suction side air leak. Somewhere between the pump and the skimmer(s), air is being sucked into the system. Find that leak and your issues will be solved. There is an article on how to find it in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.