Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need help here about freezing pool!!emergency

1. Back To Top    #1

need help here about freezing pool!!emergency

i got pool in my back yard and now the pipe is frozen so we can't really open the generator and now they have like almost half inch of ice on the surface of the pool, what should i do right now!!!!! needs help

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: need help here about freezing pool!!emergency

If you can drain the pump and the filter, unfortunately once ice has formed the damage may already be done

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Hair dryer that line and if you can get some, use some heat wrap electric cord with some of that foil backed foam tape like they use on mobile home piping to keep from freezing. I wrap my pump/filter in a tarp with a 100 watt drop cord light inside while it runs. Good luck!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

All you can do is drain your pumps and heater and walk away... Once the freeze is done you can use hairdryer, heat lamp or just let it melt on its own...