Melody SAVI LED Lights Problems

Dec 6, 2013
Problems 1 - I have two Melody LED lights in the same circuit and every once in a while turn off for 1-2 seconds and then come back on. Please provide some ideas as what to troubleshoot as I have googled around to no avail.

Problem 2 - Is there a way to make them keep memory of the last setting. I'm tired of syncing them to come back to un-synced lights.

With the power off I would check all of the connections. Wire nut and such. I had something very similar to this happen to my central AC and it ended up being a bad cut off (regular wall switch) switch in the attic. It had melted where the wire connected to the switch. The wire would get hot and move just enough to shut down for a few seconds and then come back on. I bet fixing #1 will take care of your second problem as well.

Are you waiting 10-15 seconds after you turn the light(s) on? The lights will come on white, then revert to the color they were in when power was switched off. Syncing the lights is kinda involved (several steps) and may appear to be synchronized when they really aren't. Do you have the syncing instructions?

http://www.nextstepproduct.com/SAVI/pdf ... 020712.pdf

The on off problem may be a problem with the light, or X-former connections. I encourage you to call Next-step/SAVI about this.
They are in Florida.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.