Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fix drill mistake in stamped, colored concrete

1. Back To Top    #1

Fix drill mistake in stamped, colored concrete

Well my PB's "minor errors" continue to make me crazy...most of the time he can just undo and fix, but this time he really messed up (at least I think he did)

He was "rushing" in my opinion trying to wrap up the job putting up the mesh safety fence across where I can not put a permanent fence. He spaced the drill guides wrong for the gate and now I have 6 holes where there is only supposed to be 2.

So I have 4 big 3/4 holes drilled right through my new concrete. He said we can just caulk with colored caulk and it should be fine....well I just paid nearly $14K for the concrete and now I have holes all over it...and to make matters worse they are right in the front for everyone to see.

Does anyone know if you can somehow permanently patch a hole like this and of course how do you match it to the original stamped concrete?

Thanks in advance.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fix drill mistake in stamped, colored concrete

The people who did the stamped concrete should be able to do an ok patch job. The patches will probably be noticeable, especially if you know they're there.

3. Back To Top    #3

Caulking is not acceptable.
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes so I agree, caulking is not acceptable...I am just trying to understand exactly how it can be fixed, and if others have fixed this before and what it ended up looking like.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover