Best Pool Cover Pump

Jul 9, 2013
I closed my pool for the first time this year. Live in West TN so quite a bit of rain but not much snow or ice. Have a 40x20 (pool is 16x40) heavy duty mesh cover secured with water bags. Trying to determine the best cover pump as it's pouring today and now have a few inches of rain sagging it down (didn't know anything about this - my roommate forgot to mention my pool closer said needed one). Local pool store recommends a Little Giant (for $250) but read reviews on Amazon and they seem fairly iffy. Anyone have a brand they recommend - or is manually siphoning preferred? Any advice on setting up a particular way? Thanks.

Went through two Little Giants my first two years. I do not recommend.

I am on my second Rule pump (replaced under warranty) in seven years. I do recommend. The circuit protection system on the Rule makes it just superior to the LG. So is the 3-year warranty.

I have a solid cover so can't help you on set up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.