Pool doesn't look level

Oct 30, 2013
Hi, I have a new build, vinyl pool with polymer walls, and the walls on the pool doesn't look level. Is this normal? The left side of the pool seems to be higher than the right side.

azany6a8.jpg

rena5yre.jpg

a4usadyn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is almost impossible to tell if a pool is level by just looking at it. You will need something like a surveyors transit or a "water level" to determine that...or at least a straight board with a carpenters level.

linen said:
It is almost impossible to tell if a pool is level by just looking at it. You will need something like a surveyors transit or a "water level" to determine that...or at least a straight board with a carpenters level.

Thanks, I had gotten a little nervous for a second. I will call the PB to see if it is. And if by chance the pool isn't level, what should I do?

Spepperred said:
linen said:

Thanks, I had gotten a little nervous for a second. I will call the PB to see if it is. And if by chance the pool isn't level, what should I do?

If you want a cheap and quick way to self check for your own peace of mind.
Go to Home depot or Lowes and get 50 foot of 3/8" clear flexible tubing and 2 yard sticks.
Fill the tubing almost full with water and check the elevations using the the yard sticks around the perimeter of the pool walls.
You need to keep the one yard stick level and in place and then follow around the perimeter with the other without spilling any water from the tubing.
In my opinion if the measurements are within 1/4" of one another I would be satisfied.

Sincerely Vic

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.