New pool with many problems...

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
Our pool was finished at the end of September. We were only able to use it for about a month before it got too cold. We have had so many problems. There was a piece of plastic that was not seen on the floor of the deep end that ended up making a hole in the liner. It stayed wet around the pool and after the builder testing the lines I kept telling him there had to be a leak in the liner. He had originally said the sharp thing we felt was a small pebble. He came and pushed it into the bottom pool crete, well it ended up making a hole in the liner. Then we noticed a very soft spot in the floor in the shallow, then the steps started sagging in places and you could feel something soft behind it. So just this week he came and drained all of my water in the pool, none of the putty he used ever got hard, not sure if he put the liner down too soon or what. He said he got a deal on some cases of putty and it ended up being bad, but who knows the real story. So this putty was just moving all underneath the liner and causing the soft spots we were feeling. He patched the hole from the underneath and put the liner back in place yesterday and redid the putty and started filling the pool up. I went to check the progress of the fill yesterday afternoon and the water was just getting to the bottom of the 3 ft area and I noticed a big bubble of what looked like air under the liner. I text him a photo of it and he said it was fine it would work it's way out. Well I just went out this morning and the bubble is gone, I guess the weight of the water pushed it down, but now the liner looks like a starfish shape with 5 wrinkles. So did that air stretch out the liner, can that be fixed? I'm sure he will tell me of course it can be fixed and it's normal, but I would like another opinion from you guys. Thanks for any help.

How much water is in the shallow end? Where are the wrinkles? I haven't seen actual air bubbles like you are talking about but I have seen where it's actually water underneath the liner cause of rain or ground water.

u8yzezuq.jpg

I thought you were supposed to use a vacuum to pull the air from behind the liner while you were filling? Although I have no experience ... just what I have seen and read here.

He did have vacuums hooked up. It was tight then when I went back outside a few hours later this is what it looked like.
2agu7asy.jpg

Then the next morning it looked like this
batape3e.jpg

He is now draining it again to try to fix this new problem. Thank you for the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The pool was completely filled this morning, now they are draining it back down so the shallow end has no water. If he had came when I sent the photo yesterday and checked this could have all been avoided. This pool has been such a headache! We are ready to have no problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.