Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brick or Stone Coping on a Vinyl Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Brick or Stone Coping on a Vinyl Pool

I am in the process of purchasing a DIY vinyl liner pool and was wondering what type of liner track to use that will allow for a brick or stone coping. From what I have read and understand a cantilever coping will allow for a poured concrete coping. Will this type of coping work for brick or stone?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

SW Georgia

Re: Brick or Stone Coping on a Vinyl Pool

I used standard coping and set my pavers in a bed of mortar soldier pattern butting up to the edge of the coping. From in the pool it looks like standard aluminum coping as if you had a poured concrete deck. By the way my deck is of the same pavers that I outlined the perimeter of the pool with. I do believe there is a special track that allows brick or stone coping to cantilever over the pool. I did think about this but in the end decided to do it differently.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Brick or Stone Coping on a Vinyl Pool

Yes. Cantilever coping will allow you to use stone or brick hanging over the edge of the pool.

Here is a link to my pool pictures where stone was used.

18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool