Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 9300, Irobot Mirra, or other robots travel into spas

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 9300, Irobot Mirra, or other robots travel into spas

Looking at a robot vs. dealing with the many hassles of motor repairs, valves and clogged main drains of my current PCC200 in-ground cleaner. The pool will be resurfaced in jan/feb and would be a good time to fill in the heads. But my biggest concern is cleaning the attached spa. The spa is basic in that its at the same level as the pool and is connected by 3 spillways.
    I couldn't find any comments or reviews if the robot could crawl over the spillway and into the spa and climb back out. Seems like a stretch but maybe it has to be programmed in. Never owned a robot so maybe this is a stupid question.

If so, what robot does this best?

Thanks is advance...
    13,000 gallon IG
    PCC IG cleaning system
    Pentair equip.
    Attached spa
    Dire need for surface refinish!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 9300, Irobot Mirra, or other robots travel into

Woah, this would be pretty awesome, but i haven't ever heard or seen anything remotely close to this. Maybe a hand held manual cleaner for the Spa like a Pool or Spa Blaster might be a good option?
    Fielding - PoolZoom.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey Chris,

Even though I am about to be a first time owner of a Robot, I can assure you they wont go in and out of the spa. I think what a Robot does best is eliminate another pump on your system to run a pressure cleaner, and use a lot less electricity. I also agree with many that they will advance in the future, much faster than pressure side cleaners. I'm going with a Maytronics Dolphin model DX6. I chose this brand on the advice of the forum owner here. He's been through many types and brands over many years and this brand/type has worked best for him.

As for cleaning the spa, I'm not sure what advice to give. It's one of a few reasons I didn't want to have one. Sorry to be of no help on that but there are many here with spa experience to weigh in. Good luck to you, and I hope you post up your refurbish. We'd love to see it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Kinda what I thought. thanks for the input... Chris
    13,000 gallon IG
    PCC IG cleaning system
    Pentair equip.
    Attached spa
    Dire need for surface refinish!