Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink RS6 Freeze Protection

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink RS6 Freeze Protection

I have an aqualink RS6 to control my pool and spa. Right now I have the filter pump and spa set to run with freeze protect. The problem is that the 3 way valve will only circulate the pool or spa but not both at the same time. How do I circulate water in both the spa and pool O the pipes don't freeze?
    14,000 gal IG + spa, DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Aqualink RS6, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualink RS6 Freeze Protection

This depends on the type of 3 way valve you have, and how it is installed, if your lucky you much just be able to manually set it half way between the two positions and get flow to both. Assuming you have an actuator connector to the valve read the instructions for it on how to manually operate the valve, this will often involve loosening a knob and pulling out on the handle while turning, or similar
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aqualink RS6 Freeze Protection

I found the answer. The aqualink changes between the pool and spa every 30 minutes.
    14,000 gal IG + spa, DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Aqualink RS6, TF-100 Test Kit