Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin m5 supreme

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin m5 supreme

I have purchased an maytronics dolphin m5 supreme. I have a concrete pebblemix pool. The dolphin is not picking up a lot of the fine dust off the bottom. Does anybody know why?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin m5 supreme

Welcome to the forum lainy5

I sure don't but hope mine does, as I will have plenty around here. I'm pretty certain I am going with a DX6. Is this a new pool? This is a silly question, but are you saying it isn't working with the pleated cartridge filters when picking up dirt/dust?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

It may not be a cleaner issue at all. It may be dead algae that is re-accumulating after you have cleaned with the Dolphin.

Can you collect this dust in your hand? It should feel gritty. If it "poofs" away from you when you try to collect it or feels slimy if you do capture some, it is surely dead algae.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Mesa, Arizona

Which filter set are you using? The M5 ships with a "mesh" filter cartridge set for pick up of coarse debris, and a "fine" pleated set that works great on picking up fines.

I've had my M5 here in Arizona for about a month and half now and I've been extremely pleased with the way it picks up the dust fines. I use the pleated filter cartridge set exclusively.
    Mesa, AZ Spillover spa and inground pool, 12,500 G, pebble finish, Hayward C5030 (525sf) Cartridge Filter, Hayward EcoStar VS Pump, Installed July 2013, Hayward SWG T-Cell-15, Trident UV (I know, I know....was installed before I found this site!) Rock grotto waterfall, LED ColorLogic lighting, 110 BTU Heat Pro Electric Heat Pump, Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 cleaner, TF-100 test kit with Speed Stir.