Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sun Room / Solarium ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sun Room / Solarium ?

Has anyone here added a glassed in sun room / solarium to their existing house. I am looking into closing in a 10 x 25 ft covered porch area with an arched glass wall (hopefully extending it to be about a 15x25 ft area to make a sun room, and was wondering what your experience is with this type of project.

Thanks Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sun Room / Solarium ?

Hi Isaac! I added a four-season sunroom in 2005. It's not a solarium so it has a roof but all 3 walls are glass windows that slide open. Patio Enclosures did mine but I had them do a little different of a room than what they were used to doing. When I built my house in 2002 I had a 15x30 concrete patio laid knowing I wanted to do that. It's 17x15, so I didn't use the whole pad so I could have room for a grill and such. I have a 2-ft knee wall that is T-111 on the inside and siding to match the house on the outside. I had them bead-board the ceiling, which they had never done before. At the time, I carpeted it. Just last Fall I had it tiled in the tiles that look like wood. It looks awesome! I'll get some pics together to show you. I would definitely advise doing it. It has its own heating/air unit....kinda like what is in hotel rooms. I love it! Even in Winter, all my plants are out there and I look out onto the pool.
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

3. Back To Top    #3

I would love to add one of those to my house or for a future fish tank room I would like to build for my fish. How much do they cost most of the time?

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry it has taken so long to get these together! Here a few pics of what I have done. The initial cost of this was 20K. The floor I have added in the last year was right @ 2K installed.

10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I have a 12 x 25 sun room with a normal roof, much like above. Be VERY aware of the sun angle and directional exposure throughout the year.

I helps us somewhat in the winter but we have to pay it back when the summer sun comes in.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School