Heater question

S&S

Dec 3, 2013
I have a sta-rite max e therm heater that isn't working. I'm getting the service LED and the afs light under the panel, and the light on the ignition control module is flashing once. I am replacing the air orifice kit because a mouse did some work on it. I am gonna jump the wires on the afs switch to see if that's good or not. But when I put my hand on the opening from the blower it is pushing out air not sucking.. The mouse had a bunch of Crud inside the opening that I cleaned out but not sure if there was more deeper in. The question ( should the opening be blowing out air or sucking it in?) I was thinking about removing the blower and checking to see if there is more Crud further inside.

Thanks,
Eric

First thing, were both air orifices of the same color?

Second, no it should NOT be blowing air out of the orifice. That is where the air gets sicked into. Did you get new air tubes as well and replace them? Just in case the mouse ate a hole in the air tube(s).

ps0303 said:
First thing, were both air orifices of the same color?

Second, no it should NOT be blowing air out of the orifice. That is where the air gets sicked into. Did you get new air tubes as well and replace them? Just in case the mouse ate a hole in the air tube(s).

I have new tubes coming with the kit so all will be replaced when it comes in. As for the orifices being the same color? Not sure I understand.

The older sta-rite's had a black air orifice and the new ones are white. These are not interchangeable from my experience. So if you have/had a black one and ordered a newer white one, you may have issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.