Encore Cool Pool for Concrete Decking

I realize that this is a late reply to this 2013 post, but I thought I'd answer it. There are several other comments on this forum regarding the Cool product by Encore.

I first used this product about three years ago - not too long after it first came on the market. I was skeptical to say the least.

As of this writing, I've applied Cool to no less than 10 jobs. Every one of these customers have been tickled to death with the result. The product does really stay cool. I have never put an IR thermometer on it, but the results amaze. My customers are the ones who notice because they've been the ones living with the pool deck. I think the cooling feature is the biggest benefit, but here are a couple of others:

It fills in cracks up to about 1/4". I use a concrete patch for anything larger.

It rolls out nice - doesn't splatter.

It dries quick. With one crew member, I can complete about 2000 square feet in a day.

It has a very nice texture. Not too textured, but just right.

Can a homeowner apply the coating on their own? Yes. My customer's neighbor came by to see what I was doing. When he saw how easy it was, he bought the product and applied it himself.

I have not had any callbacks on any of the jobs I've done. My closing recommendations are to make sure you prep your concrete/pool deck properly, apply two good coats, and put a good sealer on it. You'll love the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.