Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Encore Cool Pool for Concrete Decking

1. Back To Top    #1

Encore Cool Pool for Concrete Decking

Anyone use this one their concrete pool deck? I'm looking to refinish the concrete around my pool heard good things about this product.

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Encore Cool Pool for Concrete Decking

Sorry you are not getting any feedback ... this often happens when asking about a very specific product.

FYI, this is the only mention of Encore I found on the site:
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Macon, Ga

Re: Encore Cool Pool for Concrete Decking

I realize that this is a late reply to this 2013 post, but I thought I'd answer it. There are several other comments on this forum regarding the Cool product by Encore.

I first used this product about three years ago - not too long after it first came on the market. I was skeptical to say the least.

As of this writing, I've applied Cool to no less than 10 jobs. Every one of these customers have been tickled to death with the result. The product does really stay cool. I have never put an IR thermometer on it, but the results amaze. My customers are the ones who notice because they've been the ones living with the pool deck. I think the cooling feature is the biggest benefit, but here are a couple of others:

It fills in cracks up to about 1/4". I use a concrete patch for anything larger.

It rolls out nice - doesn't splatter.

It dries quick. With one crew member, I can complete about 2000 square feet in a day.

It has a very nice texture. Not too textured, but just right.

Can a homeowner apply the coating on their own? Yes. My customer's neighbor came by to see what I was doing. When he saw how easy it was, he bought the product and applied it himself.

I have not had any callbacks on any of the jobs I've done. My closing recommendations are to make sure you prep your concrete/pool deck properly, apply two good coats, and put a good sealer on it. You'll love the results.