Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings from Huntington Beach

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings from Huntington Beach

Hi everyone - My husband and I are new homeowners and have inherited a pool with our new home. It was previously maintained professionally and is in good condition. To keep costs down we decided we will be caring for the pool and I've joined this site to learn more about pool chemistry. After reading a number of posts, I realize that I've been duped by our friendly neighborhood Leslie's pool supply store - I was suckered into buying Phosphate chems after a water test came out "clean"- sure enough our phosphates are high, lol. Needless to say I've purchased a Taylor test kit to do our own testing.

Looking forward to reading more posts in this forum and learning about pool chem!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Greetings from Huntington Beach

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!

You have certainly found the right place ... I hope you ordered one of the Recommended Test Kits and not one that Leslie's thought would be good enough.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

SpringHill FL

Great to see your taking charge
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

5. Back To Top    #5
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP !!
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Houston TX 77064

you will not regret it - next summer your pool will be and look so different...... Welcome!
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, Premier Pump 475V-10 1 HP (455AB parts), AO Smith Magnetek Keyed Shaft 56C 1 HP Pool Motor B122, (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Houston TX

7. Back To Top    #7
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.