Can't get the lid off my viron cartridge filter :(

Dec 3, 2013
Hi. Am new to the pool care game, but have been reading up in here for advice.

I am trying to clean my Viron CL series cartridge filter, have bled the lid valve and loosened the lock ring, but cannot get the lid off. Not sure what to do. In the meantime I have to leave everything off.

The pressure has dropped and the water flow is insufficient. I am suspecting that despite having a pre filtration filter that recent earthworks have clogged it up. Not a lot of dust was in the pre filter though.

Can anyone offer advice? I was going to add a picture of the set up but not sure how.

Thanks, The Goodies

If the ring is loose,or even off, turn the pump on for a few seconds which the pressure should raise the top part up and then you should be able to remove it. Lots of water will spill out though.

I do that on my filter when I need to take the cartridges out. I'm a noob so take it for what it's worth.

Or you can call them and ask +64 (0)9 273 4103

That your pressure has DROPPED and you have insufficient flow indicates a problem before the filte4r....not the filter itself.

If your filter was clogged, you would have an INCREASE in pressure and perhaps resultant low flow.

Look for the problem to be on the suctions side of your system.

You still need to get the filter apart but that doesn't have anything to do with low pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.