Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ascorbic question

1. Back To Top    #1

Ascorbic question

Hello, well winter is here and a good time to do some stain removal. I have ascorbic in the pool and it has cleaned up nicely. Getting ready to rebalance and bring up the chlorine.

My question is, can you reccomend a time to clean my DE filter. In the past it has become very discolored by the metal it has accumalated (cleaned after about a week). It seems that before the sequesterant might be a better time so as to get rid of the metal before it's desolved? On the other hand adding chlorine may cause the metal to come out of solution and get trapped by the filter better? Filter pressure hasn't been an issue. Any reply is appreciated!
    novice

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ascorbic question

I would just stick to cleaning the filter when the pressure rises 20% above clean pressure levels, or when return flow is reduced.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ascorbic question

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. The chlorine is starting to hold now and I think the next time it's half way warm out I'll clean it. Hope the stains stay gone this time. Have you any experience with the CuLater metal remover?
    novice