Trying to Locate Intermatic rimer module

Oct 8, 2013
The latest bout of heavy rain here in Southern Arizona caused me a few problems. One of the big ones was my pump motor taking in water and shorting out. Of course, it took the control timer along with it. The failed motor was an A.O. Smith two speed which my pool maintenance company had set up to run high speed whenever the timer activated it. I understand hiring a pool maintenance company is against the forum rules here but I'm new and learning. I figured these guys can handle the routine maintenance until I get moved in, settled, and educated by you fine folks :). Anyway...currently it only runs at night. When pricing replacement motors the single speed motors were a lot cheaper than twin speed, understandably. I opted for the cheaper single speed since that's all I've ever used. Installed the new motor along with all the gaskets and seals associated with the "dry" side of the pump and thought I could use the other of the two timers in the control box as the primary one that formerly controlled the pump motor went out with the motor when it failed. The other timer only switches one leg at a time instead of both so it doesn't work to control the 220V motor. Some of you are probably snickering because you already realized that timer was there to control high or low speed, not on and off...like I said, I'm learning.

SO...the question is where can I get just the timer module? I search the "Intermatic T1202M1" model number I get on the back of the module and I keep getting Intermatic timers complete with enclosures. I don't want to buy an enclosure I'm going to discard. It would seem the module number above is obsolete and ahs been superseded by a more recent number as it doesn't return any direct results, even on Intermatic's web site. What I need is a 220V DPST timer that will handle a 10A motor load. Any help where to find it???

Thanks,

-BunnMan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.